Monday, April 24, 2017

Boh non lo so come intitolare questo email quindi......AVANTI ANDIAMO



Well...this week seemed to pass by quite slow and I'm not exactly quite sure if I can remember what we did so I'll do my best here....

Updates on Vanessa??? We saw her and then we were not able to see her again so she will not be ready for baptism on the 29th but hopefully next month! We had a great lesson with her and her husband. He spoke a lot more than she and knows the Bible really well and had some questions about the church that we were able to clear up. He said, "wow!! Thank you so much. I now can tell everybody I know that this is how it actually is." I really hope that we can help them to get ready to be baptized as a family!!

We also had a great lesson with Saga. I don't know if you remember her, but she's the one from Finland. She's very knowledgeable and she went to Finland to go visit her mother who was sick and actually passed away. Well she returned this week and wanted to meet with us again!! She was interested in the Book of Mormon. I am pretty sure she has read everything bad about Joseph smith and our church, but the thing I love is her desire to learn the truth. She is so open and wants to understand all of the things that we believe in. We had a great discussion about faith, and testimonies, and the Book of Mormon. Hopefully she will read and pray. She really sees the difference


between members of our church and everybody else so let's hope she can act on her curiosity!!

On Saturday, we had a ward activity!!! Can you believe it!! And there were quite a few people there. We had lots of singers, a couple of guitarists, a member taught us how to make food from where she's from (somewhere in the north by Rimini s/o sorella roloff!!), a violinist (me), and a few people who forgot their lines while reciting poetry. We had to kind of tell people to stop because there is a member who sang a song, and then everybody else went and he sang another song, and then another one haha. But it was the classic Italian talent show.
I think the members and non members really loved doing it and it was something our ward needed.

Yesterday in church I played the song "We are all enlisted" while the congregation sang and it was really a fun experience that I have never had before. The bishopric member got up and said, "that reminded me of when the pioneers were traveling across the plains and they didn't have a piano, but were able to sing hymns while people played the violin."

I love the last verse of the hymn that goes like this:

Fighting for a kingdom, and the world is our foe;
Happy are we! Happy are we!
Glad to join the army, we will sing as we go;
We shall gain the vict’ry by and by.
Dangers may gather--why should we fear?
Jesus, our Leader, ever is near.
He will protect us, comfort, and cheer.
We’re joyfully, joyfully marching to our home.

I love that we are all enlisted. I'm sorry that this week wasn't that very exciting, but that's ok. I am grateful for the mediocre weeks because they make the incredible weeks that much better. I hope you all know that I know Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. He restored the church of Jesus Christ back on the earth.

Ciaooooooooo

❤🇮🇹Sorella Gochnour



No comments:

Post a Comment