Monday, April 17, 2017

Come posso diventare un membro della vostra chiesa??


Ok hi!!! 

This was probably one of the best weeks of my mission. I have now almost made it all of the four seasons of the year in Italy and spring is by far my favorite. I absolutely love it and feel so blessed every morning to wake up and be outside in the beautiful world that was created for us. And especially at Easter!!

I had a scambio this week with Sorella Crandell in Rome 1 and it was probably the most miracle filled scambio I have ever been on. Right when we got off of the metro we were talking about how we need to except miracles and here was a man that said, "excuse me, can you tell me how to become a member of your church?" Sorella Crandell and I were a little caught off guard haha. Long story short we were able to give him a Book of Mormon and took his number to give to the Anziani to teach so I really hope something good will come from that! We also were able to share the Easter video with quite a few people in the park. Rome 1 has some beautiful parks and we were able to give out another Book of Mormon to a GANS (YSA) who was really interested to know more about what the Book of Mormon is. Sorella Crandell also helped me to understand how I can change to love my companion more and to find new ways to serve her. Service doesn't always have to be something you can see. 

Sorella Bicchierri and I also were blessed to receive two referrals who are both progressing investigators! One is named Jenny and the other Carmela. I have yet to meet them, but am looking forward to it in the future. And we have another investigator with a BAPTISMAL DATE!! W H A T?? She is a former investigator named Vanessa that we weren't able to contact or see for about two months and on Saturday I just said, "let's try calling Vanessa" so we did and she was at home and said to come over. We taught the gospel of Jesus Christ because she has already been taught the restoration and the plan of salvation. She has such a strong testimony and when we invited her to be baptized she said, "ok at what time?" The date we set is for April 29which is quite soon, but I have faith that she can be prepared for that day. She has a very strong testimony and desire to be baptized. Of course if she is not prepared by that day and is too soon, we will move it. But for now we will work our hardest to follow the spirit and do the will of the Father. 

After the lesson I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face. I asked Sorella Bicchierri if we could just stop and say a prayer to thank Heavenly Father for allowing us to be a part of that miracle. It was something I will never forget. The joy you feel when you witness others experience the joy that the gospel brings is a joy that cannot be described. Easter was a beautiful and calm day. As I sat in church on Sunday during the sacrament and the whole three hours of church I just sat and pondered. I thought about the mothers in the rows ahead of me and how someday that will be me, doing anything to get my children to just sit still, but I just thought how much I am going to miss these sacrament meetings some day. Gathering with the faithful saints of Italy on the beautiful Easter Sunday

I hope you all had a happy Easter!!!

Con affetto e con amore 

Sorella Gochnour 















No comments:

Post a Comment