Monday, May 1, 2017

I DID NOT COME HERE TO FAIL


Ciao cari mieiiiii..............

Pasta pasta pasta pasta BASTA WITH THE PASTA!! Oh my goodness I have eaten so much pasta this week. I can't take it anymore! My body is starting to refuse it so that is how I feel about pasta right now. Am I sick of the taste? Not in the slightest. Do I want the carbs? NO. 

So transfers are tonight and I have no idea of what is going to happen, but I know that Sorella bicchierri and I will no longer be companions. It will be sad not being able to be with her. I really love her and she is such a great example to me of charity and of selfless love. This transfer I picked a "good, better, best" to work on and that was loving my companion. I love her and really you can kind of get along with a person pretty easily, but I wasn't loving her as I should have. I really have a testimony of divine help. I feel that as I have strived to do my best to love sorella Bicchierri and to see her as Christ sees her, our relationship has grown. There were a couple of little things that bugged me really bad and it was super frustrating for me because I didn't want them to bug me, they just did. And the worst part is they are stupid little things that really don't matter. But it wasn't until I sought divine help that I was able to move past those things and love and serve her the way I should I am really grateful for Sorella bicchierri. She is one of my best friends. I have learned so much from her and she will be one of my best friends for the rest of my life. I am so grateful for the divine love and help that I received from Heavenly Father and have a testimony that PUNTO 13 of weekly planning is very inspired haha. I am no where near perfect, but it has been really great to see a difference in our relationship. 

Also guess who we saw this week!!?!? Vanessa and Nino!! Woot woot! They are really so awesome. Every time we go over there I become more and more convinced that they are already members just not baptized. They are so faithful and would be such an incredible blessing to Rome 3. We will do our best to help them continue on the right path!

Another highlight of the week was an FHE we had with the cutest member family. They are so awesome and are really such a good example of what I want my own family to be like some day. I mentioned something to them thanking them for their example of living IN the world but not OF it and how scared sorella Bicchierri and I are to return to "non-missionary life" (even though I still have a solid seven months don't worry I'm not trunky I promise). And fratello Bosco says, "fate bene fate bene" haha which basically means "yeah good job don't think about it it's scary and you don't want to return to the world" haha. Thanks for the advice! He also speaks perfect English and was joking with us how in the premortal world he was like really wanting to go to America and was headed on his way and then he tripped and fell in Italy haha. They have such strong testimonies and their children are so sweet. They are also really trying to do member missionary work which is the best thing ever!!

On a more spiritual note this week I read a talk given by Elder Nelson about how we can prepare the world for the millennial reign of the Savior. He brought up a point that I really like. He counsels us to study the lives of the 16 prophets of this dispensation and then goes on to share an experience he had with President Joseph F. Smith. President Smith in a meeting expressed love and confidence and a sincere desire to help the leaders of the church instead of telling them what they should be doing and what to change. After the meeti he was complimented on his remarks that he gave and his response was, "I did not come here to fail." 

We can learn so much from this phrase but the first thing that came to my mind was the beautiful plan the Heavenly Father created for us. He didn't send us here to earth for us to fail, but to have success. And more than that, to find joy in the process. So that is exactly what I am trying to work on.

I'll let you know next week if I remain in Roma 3 number 1 or if I am transferred somewhere else!!!

Have a great week!

Sorella G ❤🇮🇹

pasta that Sister B and I Made !!


favorite flower peony - free


No comments:

Post a Comment