Monday, February 13, 2017

ROOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMAAAAAAAA bella Roma

Well the unexpected happened this week!!! I learned that I was being transferred to Rome!! Pretty crazy news. The area that I am serving in is like the south east part of the city. It's like a pie shape of an area, but it's actually huge. Like we could ride a train four four hours outside of the city and still be in our area. Also some other fun facts about Rome 3:

- our church building used to be a prison
- Rome 3 is the ghetto of Rome
- there is bomba

Those were the only things that missionaries knew about Rome 3 haha. I asked another Sorella about it who served in Rome 5 and she was like, "you're going to Rome 3?? Oh. I'm sorry. I spent a week there and I really didn't like it." Haha but that's ok!!!! I'm here and we are going to make the most of it!!!!!! 

I have never seen so many nationalities in my life and sometimes when we are walking down the street I just have memories that pop up in my brain of when I went to Belize, and then I remember that I am in Rome..... but it has been an adjustment to day the least!!!

My poor companion is probably so sick of me talking about how different it is from Ragusa. Different accents, different people, different travel means, different work, different city, different everything!!!! I was really actually heartbroken to leave the people of Ragusa but I am determined to make the most of my time here in Rome. My companion's name is Sorella Graff. She is from Pueblo, Colorado and is just beginning her 3rd transfer! She is super nice and actually has done a really good job of getting us around the city. It is so confusing haha. There are three different metro lines and then like five different buses and people live in different little suburbs and you have to know which one goes where and at what time and I am still trying to figure out what bus stop we are actually at!!! In Ragusa if we wanted to go somewhere we just walked there! And if we wanted to do finding we just walked down the main road! Haha. So. Different. But so far I have loved it. Rome is a very cool and very historical city. My world got taken and turned completely upside down, but it is good. Change is good. When we experience changes, our faith grows and we rely more on Heavenly Father and less on our own abilities. I kind of feel like I am starting at ground zero and I can't help but think about the Master Gardner. He loves me enough that he would cut me down. He knows who I need to become and the things I need to do to become that. 

As I was on the ten hour train ride from Catania to Rome I read some scriptures that come from a prayer that the prophet Alma offered to Heavenly Father in Alma 31:30-38. I am grateful for a new beginning and for the fact that I can find comfort in my savior. 

I love being a missionary. 
And I love Italy. 
I especially love Sicily haha. It will be in my heart forever. 

Love

Sorella G 

Ps happy Valentine's Day!!

















Maurizio AND Marcella


I will miss this...
Last Cannolo
This is Ida




No comments:

Post a Comment