Friday, February 24, 2017

I don't know what to title this......?


Hello!!!

Once again no time, but I'll do my best to gather my thoughts and jot them down. 

First off. The more I get to know this city, ROMA, the more I love it. I have come to an understanding that everything is what you make it. If you want to love something, you invest yourself in it. 

It was a great week here in Rome. Every Monday and Thursday we go to a thing called Caritas. A Catholic Church organizes this and we go to and hand out clothes to people that need them with a bunch of older catholic ladies. They are funny and it is probably one of my favorite things ever haha. 

We also have this investigator named Saga. She's from Finland and is very educated and has a background with our church, but just kind of wants to know more of what we believe in.  I am really hoping that we can help her to feel the Spirit and I hope that she will read and pray on her own because really no matter how much we talk about the truth, you can't know it until you put the effort in yourself. 

For Valentine's Day we went and heart attacked a couple of members and the senior couple that is in Rome 3!! Hopefully it will help build some relationships letting them know that we are thinking about them. 

I also had a scambio with Sorella Bicchierri!!!! She was my companion in Ragusa and she is now my sister training leader here in Rome haha. She is so funny. It was a very needed scambio and we were able to just laugh and do some good missionary work. She is a really hard worker. Also we went to their English course and it is so classic trying to see how Italians pronounce my last name. It never gets old. I am going to see if I can figure out how to somehow take a video of someone trying to pronounce my name. 

Our ward is pretty small. It's probably about the same amount of people that came in Ragusa. Like 30-40 maybe. But there are 490 people on our ward list. So lots of work for us missionaries to do. Also there are two American families of like seven people that are here for like three weeks so they come to church and we translate in nursery (still kind of confused why we translate for nursery children, but the teacher asks us to and I feel really bad telling her that she doesn't need us in there to translate) and then in relief society and let me tell you....translating is HARD!! Haha. Your brain is in two completely different places and it's hard because you can understanding everything that they are saying but then conveying that to another person is a whole different ball game. I am pretty sure our whole ward speaks English so that is a big difference. We hear a lot more English in Rome than I have heard my whole mission. 

Haha this week we tried to do exercise finding (aka we went to this huge park and tried to find the people that were specifically exercising). We met this lady and she kept going on and on about exorcisms and how there is so much that we still have to learn and see haha. Yikes!!!

Rome is a new city and a new everything, but I really love it. It's all about the attitude that you have and finding joy in the journey. I find myself thinking a lot about the country of Italy. I really love this country a lot. It is home to me. It is going to be super strange someday having to leave home again, but until then andiamo avanti fino alla fine!!!

I love being a missionary!! And I love you all!! I hope you had a great week and go devils!!!!

Love sorella G 

Spanish steps









Heart Attack

No comments:

Post a Comment