Monday, October 30, 2017

PANZEROTT!!!!!!




Alright well it's official folks. I had the best thing I have tasted in Italy this past week. A member taught us how to make panzerotti and I don't think I have ever tasted a more perfect dough. 

Also me and Sorella Baielli made this lasagna this week. It weighed 8.2 pounds!!!! (pan included) and was very good haha

Sorella Baielli and I had a great experience this week. I have such a strong testimony that 12 weeks is inspired, but while we were doing it this week we were reading about the importance of the Book of Mormon. Our investigator closest to baptism is Nunzia, who is the daughter of the recent convert in Bitonto, Dora. She is an incredible mother of four children and is progressing. We still have no yet been able to get her to come to church, but she does read the Book of Mormon. Anyway. As we were doing our 12 weeks study, I said to sorella baielli, "How do you think we can use the Book of Mormon better with Nunzia? We read scriptures from the Book of Mormon with her, but we have never been able to read a passage with her and have her attempt to relate it to her life." We started discussing if we should continue with our lesson plan of teaching her the plan of salvation, or if we should switch and talk about the importance and the role of the Book of Mormon. Sorella Baielli suggested we say a prayer about it, so we did. After the prayer she asked me what I was thinking and I told her I didn't want to say it first because I didn't want it to effect her answer. She said, "Ok on the count of three say either 'Book of Mormon' or 'plan of salvation'." 1........2.........3......... we both said "Book of Mormon" in unison. And what makes this story even better is the fact that Nunzia said she had another busy week so she was going to cancel the lesson for this week, but we asked if we could instead to a video chat on Facebook and she kindly agreed. And the lesson went great!!! There are ups and downs to doing a video call, but I thought it was really great because instead of having the awkward small talk at the beginning of the lesson for 10 or 15 minutes, we were able to start right into the lesson with a prayer. The lesson didn't go overtime, partly because Nunzia is respectful of time, and doesn't have much of it herself, and partly because I felt like we were able to be more direct and get to the point. She wasn't able to hear us very well, which I think could interfere with the spirit, but overall it was a great experience.

This week we get to go to Rome!!!! We have the mission tour and so I get to see all of my friends for one last time!!!! I also have the opportunity to give my departure testimony so I have been reflecting a lot upon the things I have learned on my mission. It is so fun for me to remember funny memories, spiritual experiences, life lessons learned and to just reflect on the person that I am now that I have been able to serve as a full time missionary. I feel the grief coming at times, for example when we finished our gesso on Sunday night I realized how much I am going to miss setting up a bed sheet and writing a question on it. The anxiety you feel when first approching someone, the rejections, being with other missionaries to support you and to learn from their example, smiling, and finding some of Heavenly Father's children who might be seriously interested in learning more about their Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. I love missionary work. I am soaking up every second that I get to wear Christ's name over my heart. 

Sincerely,


Sorella G 











No comments:

Post a Comment