Monday, October 23, 2017

Yagottawanna (I read this talk that is so true...we have to want to do something before we can do it)


Hello folks!!!!

So I am staying here in Bari finishing up my last transfer training with Sorella Baielli! I am super excited and happy that I get to stay here. I love these people a lot.

We're going to do bullet points this week because not much happened:

  • drove to the airport to pick up a sister for transfer
  • Had a lesson with some members and we talked about the talk Elder Holland gave in general conference of April 2017 "songs sung and unsung" I think is what it's called. My favorite part of the talk is how he says, "Heavenly Father accepts us as we are, but we can't expect to stay as we are." If we live the gospel of Jesus Christ, we will be transformed in a better version of ourselves
  • We went to a ward party for the Bitonto branch and it was the most fun I have had in awhile. I'm not a big fan of karaoke, but Italians and karaoke just end up with everybody blasting music, screaming at the top of their lungs, and dancing. Fun stuff
  • I gave my last testimony in MLC.....the main thing I have learned from leadership is you have to be like Christ. He was the master teacher. Seek to be like Him.
  • For my best thing I ate this week haha it's kind of funny. We had a meal appointment with Monica and Massimo (they are semi-recent coverts and are so awesome) and they were so excited for the dolce part of the meal because they had bought us these treats from a paesino vicino. They are called le tette di monaca (the boobs of monaca) and Monaca is like a lady monk because I guess the nuns used to make these things haha. They are like balls filled with cream. They were pretty good, just mainly funny all of the jokes he was making. And his wife's name is Monica so it just makes everything even funnier
  • Last night we went to choir practice and it was the BEST THING EVER!!! Because I got to see all of my Taranto members!! It made me soooo happy. They are so awesome. They are in our stake and we have stake conference next week so we get to spend time with them next Sunday

The coolest thing this week was being able to listen to Elder Ballard come speak to our mission. The thing I like the most was what he said about prayer. He helped me have a completely different
perspective on it. He said we need to focus on asking Heavenly Father to accept our efforts. A lot of times we try our best and we still come up short, but we can pray to have Him accept and consecrate our efforts. He said, "Don't just try to sit there in your prayer and order the God of the Universe around." Prayer is such a sacred opportunity and if you think about it, Heavenly Father already knows what we are in need of before we ask Him, so it gives us the opportunity to really ponder out in our hearts what we want to say to Him, thank Him for, and ask Him for in our prayers.

Sincerely,

Sorella G ♥️🇮🇹




No comments:

Post a Comment