Friday, October 6, 2017

LOOK BEYOND WHAT YOU SEE


Best thing I ate this week is going to be turned into weirdest thing I ate this week: an octopus sandwich

This week I don't have much to write. We went to zone conference in TARANTO!!!! I got to go back to my first city once again, which was so much fun. I had so many more memories flood to my mind this time which was kind of fun. We were mainly trained on how to use Facebook in our
proselyting. The zone leaders and I gave our presentation on how to be WISE missionaries because we got a new chapter of preach my gospel which will substitute for chapter 8 of preach my gospel. It is titled "how can I fulfill my missionary purpose?" It is really cool and helps us focus more on the people once again, rather than on going through a checklist during weekly planning. Right after that Anziano Campbell leaned over to me and said, "how do you feel about this being your very last zone conference?" I was shocked. WHAT? I still have one more!!! Well apparently because of the mission tour and the general authority coming to our mission in October, there will be no zone conference. So I had my first and last zone conference in Taranto. Pretty bittersweet.

The zone leaders had an investigator they were teaching that needed to be passed to us so we got to teach Nunzia!!! She is the daughter of Dora, the recently baptized convert. We had an incredibly powerful lesson and she accepted a soft baptismal invite (meaning she knows that the way to return back to Heavenly Father is to enter in through the gate of baptism and that is something she wants) and is looking for peace and comfort in her life. So we are so excited to be able to work with her.

News on Valentina, she said she has been very busy with school, so we are going to give her a break this week.

As for the best part of the week.....GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!

I wish I could write out all of the things that I loved in general conference. I hope you all know that I have a very strong testimony that those are men and women inspired by God. They know exactly the things we all need to hear INDIVIDUALLY. Isn't it cool that these people can give a message and every person that listens to it can get something completely different out of it? I guess for me this
conference, the main thing that stood out to me was the question, "where are you going?" There were so many messages of how we need to focus on the things that MATTER MOST in life. What matters to you? And if you are doing something that doesn't really matter to you, why are
you doing it? How precious is the Book of Mormon to you? We need to look beyond what we see and find the things that are most important in our lives. HAVE FAITH AND TRUST IN THE LORD. WE CANNOT FEAR AND WE CANNOT DOUBT.

I was especially struck by how many times they talked about how Heavenly Father wants us to come home. I think that's the same in any circumstance. Mom and Dad, I'm pretty sure you want me to come home and I know it's the exact same with our Heavenly Father. He loves us. He is merciful. And he just wants us to be happy.

SO LET'S CHOOSE TO SO SO

Sincerely,

Sorella G ♥️🇮🇹






















No comments:

Post a Comment