Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Le vedove di BARI


I have no idea how to start these things anymore so I'll just follow the example of my cute friend Amelia and talk about the weather..... it is definitely fall and is getting much colder. The days are hot the mornings and nights are cold, but I love it. It is for sure my favorite time of the year, I probably said that in the springtime too. 

Ok, I have to tell you some things about my hilarious companion....

  • She eats milk and cookies for breakfast every day
  • When she eats something she likes she always yells, "so good!!!" 
  • She is scared of everything (cars hitting us, motorcycles running us over, spiders, the dark, creepy men) all of which are very rational fears, but at this point, I'm just kind of used to it, she will need some more time to adjust 
  • She loves harmonizing and we have so much fun walking home on the side of the freeway from the church screaming hymns at the top of our lungs
  • She knows lots of Italian tongue twisters (tre tigri contro tre tigri or trenta tre trentini entrarono a Trento, tutti trenta tre trotterellando or the soldiers shoulder surgery) 
  • We were doing weekly planning this week and here were some quotes I thought were so funny. There was a person who was making our lives a little bit difficult during weekly planning and she goes, "I don't have patience for this kind of bull crap." Then right before we were ending weekly planning I asked her to make some goals. She said to me, "you know I never actually look at my goals, I just write them down because you make me." 
  • She called the other missionaries this week to ask them if they have any referrals for us 

We saw lots of miracles this week and also had lots of hard days this week. It is fun being with a new missionary because everything is a new experience. One morning we were doing finding and it was like her first break down while doing finding, it has happened to the best of us. Luckily we said a prayer and after that, we went and talked to this guy who said he used to come to English course and used to have a Book of Mormon. He got kicked out of his house and now lives homeless in Bari so we just bore testimony to him of how God loves him and we asked him to come to English course and gave him a new Book of Mormon, but unfortunately, he didn't come. It was a really cool experience to be a part of though. 

We also had a lesson with Sophia and Nellie (two African potentials that are our two new investigators!) where we talked about the Book of Mormon and Nellie said the closing prayer and prayed to know if the things we taught were true. It was a really cool experience. They are from Nigeria and hopefully, we can meet with them this Saturday

The title of this weekly email is, the widows of Bari because this week none of our investigators were able to see us so we spent a lot of our time this week strengthening the widows of the ward. We have quite a few who can't come to church because of health problems and they are all sad and lonely. They live alone and just spend all day every day alone so leave it to the sister missionaries to help them out!!! One of those experiences was learning how to make orecchiette!! Sorella de Vanna was so happy to do it with us. Usually, when we go over she just talks about her problems and the doctors appointments and all of the surgeries she has to have, but it was like she was a changed person so patient and loving teach us how to make pasta. Win-win situation. 
In James 1:27 we read,
27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

We had choir practice last night for stake conference and it was so much fun. Singing I know that my Redeemer lives in Italian is one of my favorite things ever. Especially when you have a crazy Italian choir director. 

Love

Sorella g 

No comments:

Post a Comment