Tuesday, April 4, 2017

JOHN 6:33 "For the bread of life is He which cometh down from heaven and giveth life to the world"




Ciao carissimi miei........

So you want to hear some highlights of the week?

  • We received two referrals! One was from a YSA from the north and he was sending the missionaries to this girl that lives in Rome and had set up an appointment for us to go. Well, about two hours before we were to leave we looked up the address and it wasn't in our area. So we called the Sorelle in that area and they weren't going to be able to make it. So we decided the best thing was to go. And it took way longer to travel than expected and we missed the appointment and then had to try to hurry back for English course....we made the last ten minutes. Fail.
  • Lesson learned just try to reschedule the appointment. 
  • Next referral the next day well we look up the address. Not in our area. I wasn't about to relive the nightmare we had lived before so we again called the Sorelle and they said they could try to make it. We didn't try. Then I lost our phone on the bus. I guess it fell out of my pocket as the bus driver shut me in the door. Haha but that is a long and funny story for another time. MIRACLE: we got the phone back.
  • Sorella Bicchierri was so exasperated and done that while we were waiting for the metro she laid down on the ground (no one was around us) and was telling me "I CAN'T. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? I can't." Haha it made me laugh.

But now on to the real highlights of the week:

  • the spragues (senior couple) moved houses so we helped them move in and built two sets of drawers, two desks, and a couch from ikea!
  • the day after the two "rougher" days was so full of miracles. We had set a goal to get three numbers from people on the street and Heavenly Father helped us to accomplish that goal. There were 3 PEOPLE that wanted to listen to us!!!
  • GENERAL CONFERENCE

Oh my goodness I love general conference. The October general conference I watched mainly in English. This time it was all in Italian, but I felt the spirit very strongly and felt so uplifted afterwards.


I thought there was a lot of talks given about the Holy Ghost and the role it plays in our lives. Then the talk given by President Monson about he Book of Mormon. If you don't read the Book of Mormon everyday, DO IT. I also loved President Uchtdorf's talk. I feel SO lucky to be able to live in this incredible time. Yes it is a very dark and wicked world, but why not instead focus on what good there is in the world. I wouldn't trade living in this time for anything. I know we are all here on the earth right now for a reason. I know which road I want to choose. I know how to stay on the path. I know where it's leading me. And I know where I'm going.

One of my favorite scriptures was quoted multiple times in conference which reads:  "
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace.
In the world he shall have trial and tribulation: but be of goodcheer; for I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD."

I know that it is in and through Christ that we can be saved and overcome this world in which we live. I love you all. And really miss you all very dearly, but am happy to be where I am right now.

Con amore,

Sorella G ❤️🇮🇹














No comments:

Post a Comment