Monday, March 27, 2017

I think I can I think I can I think I can


Ciao cari miei!!!



Se vi dico che cos'è successo con i trasferimenti non mi crederete.........ma comunque

My new companion is SORELLA BICCHIERRI!!!! Haha yes she was already my companion in Ragusa! But now we are companions again in Rome 3. I was
a little unsure about it at the beginning, but I am just so excited now. I try to speak to her in only Italian. And she tries to speak to me in only English. It works out pretty well, but it's hard because if she doesn't hear English spoken then it's harder to learn so we have to figure it all out, but I am determined to learn this language as best as I can!!! She is a very hard worker and we have already seen a lot of miracles since being together again. We laugh and joke a lot and it will be fun to make more memories here in Rome 3.

Sorella Hills and I also had a good week together. We were able to attend the baptism of the Ladispoli Sorelle. He got baptized in the ocean at Ladispoli so it was really cool to witness that. And think that is like my first one I have witnessed on the mission. We also went and looked for this lady that called and it turns out she used to be an old investigator. She is in her 60's and was very sweet hopefully she will be able to make the steps toward baptism! She has been to the evangelical church a lot and was talking and thanking god while Sorella Hills was praying for her and it took a lot not to giggle during the prayer. We also had a day that completely didn't work out. We had gone through our original plans, our backup plans, and called everyone possible that we could visit, so at this point we were a little discouraged and didn't have much time to go somewhere far before English course, but we went back to the house and picked an address that didn't have a number from the area book and decided to go find it. Did we find the house? Yes. The family moved haha. So at this
point it's like well this stinks, but I just started singing and then we were singing the mission hymn and a bunch of other hymns and it turned the day completely upside down and we were able to end the day happy :)

We also talked to some ladies while we were eating our pizzas on the beach for lunch (Ostia is really pretty. It's like on the beach but is also kind of like in the country) and these two old ladies were saying, "they can't be Italian because they're not wearing Italian shoes" haha and I turned and said we're American!! And then we talked about why we are here and there was a great seed planted! I live for experiences like that.

Then I received Sorella Bicchierri!! We have done a lot of finding and casa in casa. We weren't able to get in anyone's house, but some people opened their doors and were able to see our smiling faces! We also met a lot of really cool people and hopefully will be able to meet our two investigators and find some new ones who are ready for baptism.

HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD!??!!??!?? Angel Moroni is up here in ROMA!!!!!! They announced it yesterday in church and I started tearing up and getting goosebumps as he was explaining the experience. First of all because it was a physical sign that they are making progress on the temple! I don't think I will able to still be here for when it opens, but I just feel so lucky that I get to be here at this time right now. I am helping prepare these people to make the most sacred decisions they will ever make in their life, which is going to the temple. And the sign that Angel Moroni symbolizes that the gospel shall be
preached to all of the earth and I am involved in that work!!! HOW GREAT IS MY CALLING?????

Ok sorry this is kind of long but I just wanted to share one of the things I learned in my personal study this week. I read a talk given by president Faust where he explains about the story of the little engine that could. Sometimes we as big trains are too tired or we have more important things than to help a little broken train over the mountain. But the little blue engine comes and is WILLING to help. She had never even been over the mountain, let alone pulled someone else over, but she was willing to try. And that is all that Heavenly Father asks of us. All He asks is that we are willing to try. And He will help us to get over the mountain!!!

Have a great week and know that I am grateful for all of your examples and for all that you guys do for me. I know I wouldn't be where I am right now without you all.

Sinceramente,

La sorella G ❤️🇮🇹














No comments:

Post a Comment