Monday, December 5, 2016

The Nativity


Caio caio cari miei:

This week we had zone conference in Catania and we reenacted the nativity!! It was actually very fun. I was asked to be an angel and had a solid line or two and Sorella Demann was a shepherd. It was probably a big highlight if the week. Every zone conference, president Pickerd makes a slide show of all of the pictures of the baptisms that happened in the last transfer and he goes through and tells us the stories of all of these people and they are all so incredible. They are the craziest stories almost like you can't believe that there are people out there that are like that. And then at the end of every story he says this classic line every single time, "you can't make it up elders and sisters!"Other than that I don't even remember what happened this week. 

We are in great need of some new investigators. So we have been doing lots of finding in all sorts shapes and sizes!!! We went to the city hall building to volunteer or to do some community help or just to do something and we have a meeting with someone tomorrow so we'll see how that goes. Then we also made our way down to the hospital to try to see if I could play the violin or if we could talk to people in the hospital or sing or something and we were doing so well. There were a lot of "good idea go ask this person" and then we got to this lady and she said "absolutely not. You don't have the authority to do anything of the sort." And I asked if there was anyway we could get some type of authority and she said no. haha. Maybe next time. We have yet to find someone, but I will not give up!!! We have a lesson with a really awesome potential tomorrow so I'm hoping that goes well. 

Other than that we had a really cool experience with a less active lady this past week. 
I am constantly taken aback and also touched by the strength of the spirit that comes from a new missionary. We were in his lesson and Sorella Demann felt like she didn't have anything that was coming to her mind, however, towards the end of the lesson she bore simple, yet powerful testimony that brought this less active to tears. We were really feeling the spirit and I felt prompted to promise her some blessings and then we were able to leave her with that spirit. What was the most incredible part was that Sorella Demann afterwards told me she had wanted to promise this less active some blessings that come from being obedient to the commandments, but that she couldn't think of how to say that. And I was able to tell her that those were the exact blessings that I had promised this less active! It was just such a testimony to me that the Holy Ghost is the teacher and we are just simply instruments in the Lord's hands in accomplishing this work. 

This past week we were down in the center of Ragusa playing the violin and talking to people and we ran into an English course student. He is fairly new and he was talking to the elders and Sorella Demann. I heard her ask him, "Do you have any friends who would want to listen to our message?" And the man kind of laughed and thought she was just like being funny. Sorella Demann says, "I'm serious." Haha and then we all broke out into laughter and unfortunately he didn't think of any friends that would be interested. 

I love being a missionary. I know I say that every single week, but I honestly don't know how I could ever live my life without being a missionary haha. There are just some experiences that I would never in a million years dream about experiencing. Hard, funny, scary, incredibly uplifting experiences that are building me into the person that Heavenly Father needs me to become. It is especially fun to be a missionary at Christmas time to be able to just bear testimony that HE LIVES. And that we can share His light to the world!!!! 

Fun experience with the siiunaluce video was with this catholic lady who was at a less actives house. We showed the video and she loved it! And then she was like, I want to watch it again. So we watched it again!! Unfortunately she got on her phone and then left still on the phone before we could bear our testimonies or do anything else, but at least she saw it!!! 

I love you all and hope you have the best week ever!

Sorella g 

Sincerely,

Sorella Gochnour 







No comments:

Post a Comment