Monday, October 10, 2016

S I C I L I A - - - R A G U S A


Hello family and friends!!! This has been quite the crazy week haha. And not really full of a whole lot of stuff except for lots of trains. 

Last Monday night I received a call that I was being transferred to Ragusa!!!!!! It is a little tiny town in the mountains of Sicily. It is the farthest south a sister can serve in our mission. And I think an elder, besides Malta, but that's like a different world. It is on the Catania side of Sicily so the east side and it is beautiful. 

So I was thinking when I received the call I would leave Thursday because that is when transfers are. But I figured out on Tuesday that I was leaving Wednesday morning. So basically I said goodbye to no one in Taranto, besides our English course students. I am sad to leave that city. I will miss the ward and the food, but it's ok. Heavenly Father needs me in Ragusa and so I am here!

Then on Wednesday morning I went to Foggia by myself. I'm not exactly sure why, but that is where my train went. I got to see a lot of traces from the "Queen of Foggia" which is Sorella fuller haha. And spent the day with the Foggia Sorelle, basically cleaning their apartment and saying goodbye to the members of Foggia that they were saying goodbye to. Then on Thursday morning my train left to a city called Potenza at 5 am. By myself. Then to a city called Salerno which is by Napoli area and I waited there for my train to come for a half hour. But it's not allowed for a sister to be alone really anywhere so the Battipaglia Anziani had to come and sit with me until my train came haha. Oh man. And then they helped me get all of my stuff on the train and then I was with all of the people traveling to Sicily. But that was a lot of STRESS!! Mom remember how when we came to Europe we were only allowed to bring a carry on because it's just easier that way? Haha yeah. Traveling with two sixty pound suitcases with a heavy side bag and a violin on your back alone in Italy is quite stressful if you ask me haha. Our train to Catania took a ferry over to Sicily and then from Catania we took a two hour bus to get to Ragusa. 

BUT I made it to Ragusa finally!! 

It is full of Hills and we walk A LOT!! I love it. Even though my body isn't used to it haha. My new companion is Sorella Bicchierri (cups in Italian) and she is Italian haha. She is from Verona which is way up north but she actually knows quite a bit of English. She is awesome and has the strongest testimony. She was baptized about two years ago and her aunt was in our ward in Taranto!! I am excited to be this transfer with her. She is a hard worker and we are going to find the ELECT in Ragusa!!!

Other than that stuff not much happened this week because of all of the travel. So next week hopefully my email will be more exciting haha. 

I have been reviewing conference talks this week and I read President Nelson's and truly loved it about joy. I especially loved these quotes. 

That is why our missionaries leave their homes to preach His gospel. Their goal is not to increase the number of Church members. Rather, our missionaries teach and baptize to bring joy to the people of the world!
Joy is a gift for the faithful.
His joy is constant, assuring us that our “afflictions shall be but a small moment” and be consecrated to our gain.

Joy is a gift for the FAITHFUL!!!!! We are never alone and if we focus on the mark, who is Jesus Christ, our joy will be full. 

Then our dear President Monson told us some things we need to do to be truly happy in life:

We need to work and learn, search and pray, repent and improve. We need to know God’s laws and live them. We need to receive His saving ordinances. Only by so doing will we obtain true, eternal happiness.
We are blessed to have the truth. We have a mandate to share the truth. Let us live the truth, that we might merit all that the Father has for us.


I love you all and hope you know I am grateful to be a missionary. When you walk around a little city and knock on doors and talk to every single person you walk past for hours and just hear no, no, no, no, no. It seems weird that you could have a good experience. But I can honestly tell you, that it just makes me happy to share this gospel. I have a message THAT WILL CHANGE THEIR LIVES forever. I love and miss you all. 

TAKE TIME TO FIND JOY IN EVERY MOMENT, IN EVERY SITUATION
AND SHARE THE GOSPEL

Con tanto amore,

Sorella G 

Ps NO ONE here can say my name so I am now officially known as Sorella G hahaha




sorella Bicchieri








No comments:

Post a Comment