Thursday, June 16, 2016

Ok IT'S THURSDAY AGAIN...YAHOO!!



I have been in the good old MTC for two weeks now. That's weird. The food is starting to get to me haha. I don't think I have eaten this much salad in my whole entire life and now they are doing renovations to the cafeteria because all of the mission presidents come this week or next week and a lot of the apostles will be here, so they built this huge stage that takes up half of the MTC cafeteria and have now made it so there is only one option unless you want to eat leftovers haha, but I am grateful..............it's food. 

I hope mom's and Jake's bdays went well. I love you both so much and you are both such incredible examples to me of love and service. 

Mom good luck with your show this Friday!!! I don't know how you manage your life honestly. The peaches you sent are like a miracle/answer to prayers and I pressed a couple of my peonies so I can always have them with me. 
Hogg leaves on Monday and I am so sad. He and his companion Elder Sellers are so funny. They always come in our room and hide all of my books and speak to me in french which I don't understand at all. Yesterday they went and got orange dots that they give to all of the missionaries on their first day and they were acting like new missionaries. It was so classic hahaha.

The weeks in the MTC get kind of boring after the first week. You do the same thing every day. We got two new investigators and they are way harder than our first one haha. Go figure. But it is good because we are forced to teach with the spirit a lot more. We did TRC for the first time yesterday which is like where they bring in people who speak fluent Italian and the missionaries just share like a member message with them in Italian. This man we were teaching shared an experience with us from his mission. He said he spoke perfect Italian and they gave him a companion who came straight from Uruguay who didn't know one word of english or Italian. This guy gave an amazing lesson in Italian and the lady was like ok ok interesting and then he said his companion bore his testimony in only spanish and this lady just started crying because of the spirit that she felt when he bore his testimony. In the MTC it is hard not to be so stressed about learning the language. They push and push you to learn the language and it's so easy to want to just focus on that, but that is not our purpose as missionaries. Our purpose as missionaries is to invite others to come unto Christ. We have to be close to Christ if we want to bring them closer so just learning the language isn't going to help us in that aspect at all.

If you are going to be in the MTC as a missionary ever, YOU HAVE TO BE IN THE CHOIR. It is my favorite thing ever. There isn't another experience like it. To find comfort during the week I read the words of hymns and the ones that have really strengthened me this week were, Praise To The Man, Lead Kindly Light, and Be Still My Soul. That is my favorite hymn ever. If you need a little extra boost, listen or read the words to those hymns or hymns of your own choosing.

I am doing well I really am. My comp has been so sick this week and I have tried so hard to not get sick. Sorella Rohner has onguard mom the oils and I have been putting that straight on my tongue for the past week!!!! So NASTY! but worth it and it has helped. Missions are hard, but they are supposed to be. 
If your mission isn't hard then you're not doing it right. 

We went to a movie on sunday night and watched a talk given by Elder Holland and I just want to share a few things with you all from that talk. The talk is titled Missions are Forever. He talks about how we are on the same team and how we have to go every day, every way, NO REGRETS. He asks the missionaries, "Why are missions so hard?" I think this concept applies to not only missions but also life. Why is life so hard? It is hard because it has to be. Salvation is not a cheap experience. "WHY SHOULD IT BE EASY FOR US IF IT WAS NEVER EASY FOR HIM?" Our road to salvation goes through Gethsemane. We are His disciples and we can't take on that name until we understand Him and what He went through. There will be suffering and sorrow and tears, but we have to be strong because Christ was strong. This can't be easy. It cost a lot of Him and will cost a lot of us. Every mission, along with everyone's life is hard if we do it how we're supposed to do it. I love that message. It is so powerful.

I think I am out of time unfortunately. They give you no time haha but I am doing well. I am learning and growing. 
Thank you to everyone who has showed me love and sent me letters or emails. You have no idea the impact they have on me. The MTC is also full of fun times, I hope it doesn't sound like I'm dissing the MTC haha. I laugh so much every day because the elders are hilarious and talk about the dumbest things and have the dumbest stories. I had to do a wall sit because I was sassy and used the word purple in english and said if any of you can say the word purple in italian I will do a wall sit and sure enough Elder Simcox was like "viola" haha oh man that was so embarrassing. I will never forget that color ever. Experiences like that. 

The elders gave a lesson and were talking about the law of chastity and accidentally used the law of castration and their investigator just started laughing. Also Sorella Rohner was trying to express how excited she was about going to Rome and used the sexual type of excited hahahahahahah. Oh man classic mistakes that happen every day and you just have to laugh about them. I love you all so much and I miss you more than you know!!!!!!!!! Have a good week everyone

CI VOGLIO BENE

CIAO

ARRIVEDERCI

Sorella Lucia Gochnour









No comments:

Post a Comment