Monday, July 31, 2017

B A R I #PUGLIA ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿฌ๐ŸŸ


I have been transferred to Bari!!!!

I was so sad to leave my home in Rome. That is a very special city to me and it is my HOME because that I spent four transfers in it, which will be the most amount of time I have and will spend in a city on my mission.....unless they send me back to Ragusa or Taranto!!!!

And funny story I almost didn't make my train. I woke up at 5:30am to make my 7:30am train, but appartenuto that wasn't enough time. So I bugged the spragues one last time and asked them to quickly drive us to termini. We pulled up at 7:22am outside of termini and the Anziani (Elders) were standing outside and we sprinted down the binario (platform) and they loaded all of the bags on the train and the Anziani helping us got off at 7:29am haha. It was STRESSFUL!

I will give you a little background on Bari. It is a city on the eastern coast of Italy in the region of Puglia (Taranto, my first city, is also in Puglia). I am now back on the ocean and I have missed it! It's so weird being here because it's like I'm reliving all of the things that happened to me last year!! Giant meal appointments (that my stomach is not used to, but that are delicious), doing finding in cittร  vecchia (old city) or on lungo mare (along the sea), people who talk to you for forty minutes on the street, taralli, smells of the ocean and of fish, olive trees, and that's all I can think of right now. But I love it.

I got here and we have no work haha. It's crazy because in Rome there is ALWAYS something to do and you are running around here and there trying to plan which days you can do what and here we hardly have any investigators. We have one, but my companion was nervous we were never going to hear from her again. Haha so thus far we have done finding for six hours in the day for the past four days.

Points of the week:

  • because there were 14 sisters that came into the mission last Tuesday I was able to take them all around Rome!! It was so much fun and I got to see SORELLA TAYLOR!!!!
  • Leonardo talking to us for an hour about how we radiate the light of Christ and how we are beautiful and how we are saving the world....that was right after this lady yelled at us to stop preaching about Christ to which my companion yelled back, "NO!" I was actually very scared 
  • I told his lady I liked her pants and she asked me what size I was and where the address of the church was so she could buy me some and bring them to me hahaha - Also this lady gave us her number!! So hopefully we will be able to teach her!
This week I came upon a really awesome scripture that I really loved that I thought I would share. It's from D&C 24:88 Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days.

Heavenly Father is always with us. He loves us.

I hope you have a great week!!! Mi mancate tantissimo!!

Sorella G ❤️๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น






































No comments:

Post a Comment