Monday, June 26, 2017

Troppe cose

So many things happened this week if I were to write them all out it would take probably four hours SO I'll try to do a bullet point list with the most important things and include as many details as possible
  • Tuesday was Sorella wood's birthday. The spragues had previously given me a Betty Crocker yellow cake mix as a gift and so I made her a cake with chocolate frosting on it. (Just like the ones you make mom!!!!) it was really good, but it almost got ruined!! On the bus I was sitting down with it in my hands (we didn't have anything at home to cover it with so it was just uncovered) and this lady like wasn't holding on and basically lost her balance and almost SAT ON MY CAKE!!! Good thing I moved right before she like sat on my lap haha
  • Then we went to go do casa in casa and it was probably the worst experience I have had thus far doing it! We went to this nicer neighborhood because we really thought it would be where we could find some great leaders for our ward here in Rome 3. Basically I stopped this lady and she looked at me for a sec and then tapped my tag and told me in a very irritated voice that I need to put that in my pocket. And she said some other stuff that doesn't matter. She probably just had a really bad day or something. Turns out that neighborhood has been over proselyted by five different churches, including the jehovah's witnesses (which no one really likes at all and we look a lot like them). We did see an English course student Angelo though!! And we talked to him for a little. That was a little tender mercy Heavenly Father gave us.
  • We met with Magdona at McDonalds!!! She is our investigator and she accepted a soft baptismal invite!! She has kind of a complicated situation and it's actually really hard to be able to meet with her so that's why we weren't able to pick a date yet.
  • Saturday was one of the busiest days ever. We had a lesson with a less active and then a member. Then we went and saw an ex investigator from the Philippines. She had some pretty crazy stories and relations to Joseph Smith, so we are hoping she will read the Book of Mormon and pray to know it is true. She said she would!! Then we made corn bread and took it to go see a less active. FOUR lessons in one day!! That's a big deal for us here in Rome because traveling is a nightmare. It probably takes an hour and a half at least to get to appointments. And a lot of the time that is counting on if a bus comes at the time it says it will (very rare occasion)


Missionary work is CRAZY! It's busy. And sometimes when you are dripping sweat on the way to an appointment you are late for, on a bus that you sprinted to catch, it is like WHAT IN THE WORLD AM I DOING? But I promise you it is FUN. it's so fun to look out the window and enjoy those times. Like the MasterCard commercial they are PRICELESS.

This week I was listening to a talk while writing in my journal and Brad Wilcox talks about GRACE. He explained in a way that had never occurred to me and now I understand the God's grace in a whole new light. Jesus Christ paid our debt IN FULL!!! Every last penny. It's not that we pay all that we can and then He makes up the difference. JESUS MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE. How lucky we are to have someone who loves us THAT much.

Love you all

Have a great week!!

Ps happy anniversary mom and dad!! Thanks for getting married!! (And Ralph and Abby happy anniversary too)

Con tanto amore

Sorella G ❤🇮🇹









No comments:

Post a Comment