Tuesday, March 14, 2017

COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT - aka MARCH MADNESS

Well now that march madness is in full swing I will just tell you a little bit about my week,

So my companion and I went to the doctor on Wednesday and he didn't really tell us anything. Just gave her more medicine to take that wasn't solving the problem. Long long long story short, she is now on a plane home back to Colorado and will be home tomorrow for her birthday. 

So I won't include all of the details of the week because they were a bit crazy and nothing really that stood out a lot, but I would like to share with you some things that made me smile this week:

- On the metro occasionally there will be people who go up and down the metro cars and play music and ask for money, there was a guy playing the violin and he was making everybody laugh and smile...including me 
- Sorella Sprague (senior couple missionary) stuck a candle in a wafer and sang happy birthday to me and Sorella graff. She had the lights off and everything. She is one of a kind. 
- a family with two young daughters on the metro were mesmerized by my hair because it was in a fish tail braid and they wanted to know how to do it so they asked and I taught them. Unfortunately they had to get off by the time I had finished explaining how to do a fish tail braid and didn't get to talk to them about the gospel hopefully a seed was planted
- for zone conference I got to play "oh my father" with a member from Rome 1. He had a tie on that had a bunch of music notes on it and I told him I like his tie. He said, "Thanks! I only wear it on special occasions." I loved that 
- my little brother Jake is like the smartest person ever, and he turns his mission papers in in one week from tomorrow!!
- I got a letter wishing me happy birthday from Nana and Papa!!
- The Spragues last night were waiting to take us to the villa (mission home) so Sorella graff could have a last interview with president Pickerd and it was about 8pm (they normally go to bed at about 7 pm) and sorella sprague was drinking water trying to stay awake and anziano sprague says, "don't worry honey, tomorrow is p day" and she says, "P day?? More like a p night after all of this water that I just drank!" Hahahaha so funny 
- la bellezza della musica: colpisce e non fa male (the beauty of music: it hits you, but it doesn't hurt you......it sounds a lot better in Italian haha)
- saga our investigator talks about trials, "yeah you know it's like sometimes I just want to say to God, 'do I really need to grow this much??'" 
So what's happening with me for the next week and a half left of this transfer? I will be companions with Sorella Hills. She serves in Ostia and her companion went home due to health reason last week. So we will be traveling from Rome 3 to Ostia this week to try to get some missionary work going and to get these cities back on their feet. It will be interesting to say the least haha. I'm not exactly sure yet how it's all going to work but we are going to do our best!!

In my interview that I had with President Pickerd this week, he helped me realize how important it is for me to always have an eternal perspective. He said, "I don't just see you as the Sorella Lucy Gochnour in the Italy Rome mission right now. I see you as the Sorella Lucy Gochnour in ten years." He went on to explain how the experiences that I am having now will give me experience and will be for my good. Maybe it won't be until five years from now that I use what I have learned in these past four weeks, but I am so grateful that we have a loving Heavenly Father who knows us. The things I experience will help me to help others in the future. I am being prepared and shaped into the person that Heavenly Father needs me to be. And that doesn't always mean that it is going to be easy. But that is where the title of the email comes in. My aunt Natalie sent me a talk titled "come what may and love it" and I really think that it is so applicable to every situation that we face in life. 

I love my savior and I am grateful for this crazy journey that I am on!! 

I love you all and thanks for all the birthday wishes! Pretty weird I'm not going to be a teenager after Friday!

Ciao ciao for now


Sorella G ❤️️🇮🇹











No comments:

Post a Comment