Monday, January 2, 2017

Stick To Your Task

Hello loved ones!!

I don't have much time this week so this is going to be super short. 

Some highlights of the week:

- I was walking out of the church and fell down all of the stairs. My hands were in my pockets and I have no idea what I was concentrating on but I like skipped a step and fell down all of the stairs onto my knees and then just kind of tipped over because my hands were stuck. And then of course me being worried about nothing but my jacket got up and asked Sorella demann if I had scratched my shoulders (showing her my elbows) haha I was a little out of it that day
- it snowed this week and was the shortest snow I have ever seen, but it snowed!!!! I have pictures to prove it 
- we got two new investigators and have a solid pool of potentials!
- the Sorelle in Ragusa are now permitted to drive the car (we just have to take the test which won't be until the 18 of January)
- we had a fun New Years karaoke party
- on New Years we had deep cleaning and stayed inside all day (the good news, OUR APARTMENT IS SO CLEAN)
- I found out I have been peeling an orange the wrong way my whole entire life!!!! (Sicilian oranges are the best tasting things ever) 

There were so many miracles that happened this week but I don't have time to write any of them. I just want to let you all know that HEAVENLY FATHER KNOWS US BY NAME. He loves us. And we have seen progress in the work here in Ragusa and I know that it is not all of our doing. Yes we have been working hard, but Heavenly Father knows who of His children are ready when they are ready. It is our responsibility to find them. And Sorella Demann and I have been trying to do exactly that!! I don't know why I can't really gather my thoughts today, but I hope you all have set new goals for the beautiful new year!!!!! I set a bunch of mine and after I was reading over them I found that all of them happened to somehow be related to charity. So my daily scripture to start off the year that I think I want to focus on is found in Moroni 7:45-48. Charity is such a blessing and on my mission my eyes have been so opened to how much charity Heavenly Father has for us and how much charity we can have for other people. We can see others as He sees them. I have grown to love these Italian people. I have decided that sicilians are probably some of my most favorite people in this world. So generous and kind and always the ones to make you laugh. They love you and want to make you feel like part of their family. I especially love all of the old ladies. Our ward is basically just a bunch of old people, but the old ones are the good ones haha. Especially when they are traditional old Italians. I find so much joy in being a disciple of Christ. I hope that as you guys make your New Years resolutions you will keep in mind this poem given by our wonderful and loving prophet, President Monson:

            Stick to your task till it sticks to you;
            Beginners are many, but enders are few.
            Honor, power, place, and praise
            Will always come to the one who stays.
            Stick to your task till it sticks to you;
            Bend at it, sweat at it, smile at it too;
            For out of the bend and the sweat and the smile
            Will come life’s victories, after awhile.

I hope you all will work hard and bend and sweat and get on your knees and when you get to a hard point or you feel like you can't go forward anymore, stop and SMILE. It's all part of the plan. There will always be someone who loves you. 

I love you all 

Love 

Sorella G





No comments:

Post a Comment