Monday, October 31, 2016

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

This is the only picture I took this week.  I know I look like a giant! This was my companion from the exchange to Siracusa.

I hope you all had a very happy Halloween!! Unfortunately here in Ragusa our ward didn't have an activity because the members didn't want to do it in the chapel because it is satanic haha. Which I mean is a little bit valid, but in my opinion you can have a Halloween party without making it satanic. Maybe next year. 

It has gotten quite cold and windy in the past week here in Ragusa. Actually like really cold. I have started wearing tights and my winter coat. And I wish I could tell you all that has happened and all of the crazy and funny experiences, but unfortunately there is absolutely no time and it would probably be a pretty boring email to write it all so I'll try to keep it exciting haha. 

This past week we went on a scambio to Siracusa which really isn't that far away, but takes three hours to get there because the bus stops at every stop. Then when we got home it started pouring rain and we were not prepared for that. Basically we ran home, changed, ran down to see an investigator and ran back up the hill for English course. The English course students probably thought we were the craziest people ever because we're just running in barely in time out of breath and ready to teach haha. Anyway. That was funny. I have now had two fun memorable pouring rain memories here in good old Italy. 

Our investigators aren't really progressing so we have to figure out what to do with them this week. And our members have been quite in need of some help and encouragement. As you all know, there was another earthquake in Rome and when we go around talking to people and telling them that we are missionaries, they like to tell us that God is angry at the world for all of the wickedness and now He is punishing us and the end of the world is coming. We I can tell you that one of my greatest joys here has been to be able to stand as a representative of Jesus Christ and testify that through him we can find light in this world of darkness. He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come. We are so lucky to be able to have that hope. That no matter what happens we will be able to be saved because there was one who loved us enough to die for us. 

I am sorry this is short. I hope you know I love you all and I hope you all had a very happy Halloween!!!!

Love

Sorella G

Ps: this week we went to lunch at a member's house and they were talking about the earthquakes and then about Mount Etna because that is like super close to us and is still very active and the wife goes:

what's the difference between Mt. Etna and the mormons?

Answer: Mt. Etna smokes when it's active. 
Instead, the mormons smoke when they're inactive. 


Hahahahaha. It was kind of a 'you had to be there moment' haha but it was really funny because she just said it out of nowhere and it is pretty accurate for the people of Italy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment